Just finished up a week with volunteers from Oklahoma. They were a medical team/evang team. It was a good and busy week. We got to help over 100 very poor residents of our area. It was wonderful to see their smiles after they were helped. I also had some good visits with the team in the village. I think I drank 4 cups of coffee that afternoon!
I "should have been" in Germany for the week for my 1st term conference. I decided a couple of months ago to stay here and work with our volunteer teams. And I did miss being with my collegues! But, I'm glad that I stayed here to work with the Okies and be here to help my coworkers (refer back to the scorpion sting on the previous post).
Choices are funny things. To go hiking or not? To go to Germany or not? To move across the world or not? To stop at this house or the next one in the village?
I am reminded that we make choices everyday, but in all things God is sovereign and in control.
4 comments:
You are so rght about the many choces every day in life. Sometmes we even think it's God's choice, but it isn't. Pray, read Bble meditate. Seek counsel of Godly people. Ths remnds me of the Robert Frost poem about makng a choice, and it has made all the difference. I'm proud of your coommitment.Glad didn't know. Germany would have been great, but I thnk you made the right choice at ths tme.
We missed you!
I didn't know about the Germany thing. But I think you made a good choice. I'm sure Gretchen was especially glad to have you there while the team was there since she was sort of out of commission.
Thought of the rodeo today as we drove to see the folage and saw the Boys Home sign. Miss you.
Post a Comment